History and Renovation of the D-Barn:
The Dickens/Lashley Barn was built approximately 1916 by Senator Theodore
Lashley. The barn was used as a dairy barn for part of its long history.
It was converted into storage in its more recent history.
In March of 1996 Sue Connelly, a D-Barn owner, attended a Chamber
of Commerce ground breaking ceremony at the site where the barn used
to sit at 5th and Lashley. The barn was slated for the dump to make
way for a new affordable housing complex. Six weeks later the barn
was moved, all in one piece, to the present site.